Apr 8, 2019 - UK may ban social media firms over toxic content

TradeBriefs Newsletter
View online   Advertise
              from India Digital






TradeBriefs Editorial

From the Editor's Desk

Behold the Beefless 'Impossible Whopper'!

In this column, we highlight important macro topics, new technologies, productivity tips - effectively, things that move humanity forward.

Burger King is introducing a Whopper made with a vegetarian patty from the start-up Impossible Foods. The deal is a big step toward the mainstream for start-ups trying to mimic and replace meat.

Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 by Pat Brown, a former Stanford University professor, who became a vegan soon after college and founded his company with the explicit goal of decreasing the world's reliance on animal agriculture.

Mr. Brown, who is 64, was motivated by his discomfort with the ethical, health and environmental costs of meat. But he said he came to believe that consumers would make a change only if they had a product that satisfied their cravings for beef.

Now, that's an exciting future to work towards!

More in this NY Times article

Read TradeBriefs every day, for the most fascinating stories!

Advertisers of the day
INSEAD: The INSEAD Leadership Programme for Senior Executives - India
Wharton Business Analytics Team: Wharton's Business Analytics Program (Online)

Our advertisers help fund the daily operations of TradeBriefs. We request you to accept our promotional emails.


Google Pay revenues in India surged 155% to $156M in FY 2018-19 with $710K in profits

Google Pay managed to sneak in close to $710K in profits for the year ending March 2019, which is slightly lower than the $760K.



Today's TradeBriefs Cartoon

IndiaMART becomes first B2B marketplace in India to register 10 crore users

The marketplace provides ease and convenience to buyers by offering a wide assortment of products and a responsive seller base.Nearly 36% of the traffic on IndiaMART comes from metro cities and the remaining 64 per cent from tier one, tier two and smaller towns

India wants fair share of $100 billion global taxes from Google, Facebook

With a hope of getting larger chunk of $100 billion in global taxes to be paid by digital companies, India is pushing that number of users should determine taxes payable by digital majors in a country. The OECD under its Base Erosion and Profit Shifting initiative has come up with a number — $ 100 billion — in additional taxes digital majors need to pay globally.

From voice to vernacular and gaming, here are India's leading mobile internet trends

Most of India’s mobile internet users access voice, vernacular, and video services. YourStory looks at the top trends in mobile internet consumption.

Kishore Biyani snubs Paytm, only Future Pay to be accepted at Easyday stores

Easyday stores across the country will now accept digital payments only through its own app – Future Pay. A circular put up in Easyday stores for customers

Govt To Revisit IT Norms Amid Rising Cybercrime, Payments Frauds

IT minister Ravi Shankar Prasad, on Wednesday, said that the government is looking to changing the existing norms laid out in the IT Act.

India Has The Most Number of Spotify Users in 18-24 Years Age Group (Tech Report)

India has the highest number of Spotify users in the 18-24 age group among all global markets, the Swedish music streaming giant announced.

Tech giants eye SME segment to tap India's cloud services market, says GlobalData

The recent partnerships announced by global tech giants Microsoft and Google with Indian telcos Bharti Airtel (Airtel) and Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited (Jio),

TradeBriefs Publications are read by over 10,00,000 Industry Executives
About Us  |  Advertise Privacy Policy    

You are receiving this mail because of your subscription with TradeBriefs.
Our mailing address is GF 25/39, West Patel Nagar, New Delhi 110008, India